The UUA’s lifespan faith development series Tapestry of Faith has released a “New UU” program.
The New UU program provides important tools to help congregations welcome, orient, and integrate newcomers into their faith communities. The program addresses the needs of newcomers who want to know more about who we are and what we believe. It provides opportunities for members of your congregation to share with newcomers what it means to them to be a Unitarian Universalist. It gives newcomers a chance to examine their own personal stories in the light of our Unitarian Universalist tradition and heritage. It provides a chance for newcomers to the congregation and long-timers to connect. It provides an explicit invitation to become a member.
This program is designed to accomplish the following:
- Introduce newcomers to Unitarian Universalism
- Equip participants to make a decision about membership in a Unitarian Universalist congregation
- Provide information related to Unitarian Universalist worship, theology, history, social justice, religious education, and governance
- Provide resources within and outside the congregation for participants to explore topics independently
- Facilitate integration into the congregation by introducing participants to a cross-section of members.
The full program is available online and may be downloaded as a word document and edited to meet your congregation’s needs. Read more on the Tapestry of Faith New UU program web page.